Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The patented testimony

One man we were defending had a really tough case. He was accused of spousal abuse. This was the testimony we prepared him for (the stuff in parentheses was the jury, who were so enamored by the defendant they repeated him in tune):

I used to be cruel to my woman
I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved
Man, I was mean but I'm changing my scene
And I'm doing the best that I can

I admit it's getting better
A little better all the time (It can't get no worse)
Yes, I admit it's getting better, it's getting better
Since you've been mine (Getting so much better all the time)

It's getting better all the time
(Better Better Better)
It's getting better all the time
(Better Better Better)
Getting so much better all the time


Verdict: NOT GUILTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment